The following list is what our weekly pastor’s prayer group felt the Lord was saying to us and our churches. We wonder if He’s saying anything like this for any other pastors or leadership groups.
For me, the Lord confirmed several words he had given me years ago. I was greatly encouraged to see that we were hearing similar things. I thought, this is the list I read and will reflect on this week. It wouldn’t hurt to make it a point to discuss some of these points with others a get confirmation. After all, we come from very different theological backgrounds, and can hear what we want to hear if we’re not careful.
True, but, we also might be stretched and learn from one another–iron sharpens iron. Discussing what specifically the Father might mean by the separate words of “Freedom” and “Simplicity” that MANY leaders are hearing could be helpful and give direction to the body as a whole.
Below find the summary points from all that I heard as we prayed and spoke together at the pastors meeting:
- The words “Freedom” and “Simplicity” or “Basics” came from several. What comes to mind is Galatians 5.1ff.
- Don’t lose compassion in the crush of ministry.
- Renew Joy! Body language means something to God. [Hands raised, bowing in prayer as led by the Spirit. Various texts talk about posture in worship and praise.]
- Some people just won’t “get it.” They won’t follow where God is leading [of course, I have to make sure it's God's journey, not MINE we're on].
- Revelation trumps scholarship.
- “Stand in the authority of your calling” (Rom. 11.29; 2 Cor. 15.58).
- We’ve also all agreed that there seems to be a strong sense of something very bad approaching, but also something wonderful. Maranatha!
- With Jesus in Vermont (mcacc.net)