If I were wanting to get up to speed on Islam, Sharia Law, Jihad, and the Islamization of Europe, UK, and America; I’d begin with a bibliography of resources on the topic. Unfortunately when I began my study in 1980, no such bibliography existed that I’m aware of. So over the years, I have built one. This resource includes, books, articles and videos. I hope it is helpful to you.
One disclaimer: The resources listed in this bibliography may or may not reflect my own personal views. In many cases they do not reflect them. Those cases would be where the recommended action is to hate or demonize ALL Muslims. Many Muslims are warm, sincere, and loving people. Perhaps even the majority. The problem is that not All Muslims are sincere, loving, peaceful people.
The other problem has more to do with the nature of Islam than its nominal adherents.
The Problem is NOT Exclusively the People
The problem is Islam itself.
Islam is the direct antithesis of Christianity and Judaism. Though Judaism and Christianity both offer a God who is believed to rule over the Kingdoms of this world, He is a God of love and freedom. He does not command his followers to force conversion, nor violate our free will. Nor has he commanded His followers to kill those who don’t agree with or worship Him. He allows the world the consequences of free choice. Yahweh, our God, is NOT the god, Allah. They have little in common and are opposites where it comes to love, life, and liberty.
These resources should help to give you the facts concerning what Islam says about itself in its holy books and through those who rightly understand it.
ARTICLES & POSTS
- My Posts on Islam
- Basics of Islam
- Ten Myths About Islam
- Walid Shoebat
- Robert Spencer
- Wafa Sultan
- Erik Stakelbeck
- Apostates of Islam – learn about Islam from those who were on the inside.
- Top Sites on Islamization
- Persecution.com (Voice of the Martyrs)
- Articles: Radical Islam: A Problem World Leaders Must Confront.
- “The Biggest Threat to Islam“
- Worldwide Trends in Honor Killing
BOOKS: A Selected Bibliography
- Boykin, William J. Shariah: The Threat To America: An Exercise In Competitive Analysis (Report of Team B II).
- Gauss, James F. Islam & Christianity: A Revealing Contrast.
- Geller, Pamela. Stop the Islamization of America: A Practical Guide to the Resistance.
- Hitchcock, Mark. The Apocalypse of Ahmadinejad: The Revelation of Iran’s Nuclear Prophet.
- Kinross, Lord. The Ottoman Centuries: The Rise and Fall of the Turkish Empire
- Price, John. The End of America – The Role of Islam in the End Times and Biblical Warnings to Flee America.
- Richardson, Joel. Islamic Antichrist: The Shocking Truth About the Real Nature of the Beast
- Saunders, J. J. A History of Medieval Islam,
- Spencer, Robert. Stealth Jihad: How Radical Islam is Subverting America Without Guns or Bombs
- Stakelbeck, Erick. The Terrorist Next Door: How the Government is Deceiving You About the Islamist Threat.
- Von Campe, Humar. Defeating the Totalitarian Lie: A Hitler Youth Warns America.
- Wafa, Sultan. A God Who Hates: The Courageous Woman Who Inflamed the Muslim World Speaks Out Against the Evils of Islam
- Interlinear Text of Qu’ran: http://quran.com/
I hope that these resources help you begin to grasp essential Islam and its threat to worldwide freedom and peace.
See also my post: ”Islamic Threat: Video & DVD Resources“
- My 10 Best Resources on the Islamization of the World (davidcalves.com)
- Why No Outrage From the Left? (davidcalves.com)
- Creeping Sharia (broeder10.wordpress.com)
- Ethiopian Islamic group has plans for sharia takeover (creepingsharia.wordpress.com)
- Government-Sponsored Silicon Valley Stealth Jihad (atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com)
By hatred I mean: extreme dislike, aimed at some object person, or groups of persons, that manifests itself in violent or abusive action. Just to disagree or dislike something is not hatred. Hatred has a component of EXTREME emotional dissonance that results in violence, murder, or physical harm. “I hate spaghetti!” is not true hatred. “Death to America” is. It is incitement calling for murderous behavior.
My goal is to get through the hatred to where we’ll finally be able to get into a clearer flow–a flow of love. Hatred pushes from the left, hatred swirls and pushes from the right, while the majority of thinking, caring people try to push through to something better.
So much hatred. So little love.
The Bible teaches that toward the end of history (the End Times) certain signs will become evident or will intensify. Some of those signs are:
- Love of most will grow cold.
- Wars and rumors of wars will increase.
- Knowledge will increase at a rate never before seen.
- Societies will see an increase in the speed and volume of travel.
- People will be lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God.
- Jesus warns that men will try to kill you, thinking they are serving God.
We will increasingly surrender our unalienable (God-given) rights to a world government that will produce a world-wide dictator known in the Bible as the Antichrist. This AntiChrist world dictator closely parallels the expected Islamic Mahdi. Joel Richardson’s book, The Islamic Antichrist, presents a biblical perspective which should be carefully weighed. One problem with his presentation is that it does not include the spiritual underpinnings of the Islamic worldview. The spiritual behind the unfolding events and movements is what I want to focus on in my forthcoming book.
Our world is in the midst of this unprecedented upheaval because we are so close to the end. All of the events unfolding on our TV sets and in news are no surprise to those who understand what the Scripture has to say about them. My goal is to both inform and equip followers of Jesus–disciples of the Lord–to understand the times and know what should be done.
The Apostles clearly warned about spiritual forces at work in the heavenly realms. The Mahdi, the one-world government and dictator, the return of Jesus for his disciples and believing Israel, the great war called Armegeddon–all these and the signs of their approach are unmistakable and will not go unnoticed by those who are alert in our end times. Nor will we simply view them as natural events. We know them to have a supernatural nature. We understand that spiritual forces energizing these natural events:
“For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.” (Ephesians 6:12, ESV)
The final battle will not be nation against nation. That is a sign of the end. The final war will be the spiritual forces of God against the spiritual demonic inherent in anything anti-Christ–the Dragon–Satan. The battle is not to determine who wins. God has already won in Jesus Christ’s victory over the grave. The battle is a displacement of the loser from this world. Yet, he will not go out peacefully into the night. God has allowed him to sift the world beginning with the household of God. We are, right now, in the midst of this sifting.
So we need to understand the strategy of the enemy of God and his schemes for our time in history as we navigate toward Christ’s soon return. If we can push into clearer water, if we are equipped for this spiritual battle, by discerning our enemy, we will be a force for good and healing in our generation.
Keep moving away from currents of hatred.
QUESTION: What spirit are you in? Are you a force for hatred, or love?
[Please sign-up to receive an email notice of future posts. The sign-up is at the top right above my profile photo]
©2012, David C Alves