With the death of Usama Bin Laden verified, the U.S. State Department has just announced the need for Americans traveling abroad to be very careful and alert. This is only one effect of the recent successful U.S. mission to close the book on Bin Laden.
Bin Laden’s death carries with it implications. Some might be:
- Increased intensity of radical behavior. Now they have a martyr.
- A new, more deadly leader may yet emerge.
- Some will think that this is the end of radical jihad. NOT SO!! Jihad is deeply ingrained in the character and religion of the radicals of Islam.
- The success of the mission will encourage U.S. troops and raise morale worldwide.
- The mortality of Bin Laden may send a message to those who idolized him. If he can be hunted down and killed . . . so can they.
- This will definitely help President Obama’s reelection campaign.
The president made the point that we remember that Bin Laden did not represent Islam. He was not a martyr. He was a mass murderer of Muslims.
What do YOU see as possible implications of the assassination of Bin Laden? Do you agree?