If you cannot express yourself on any subject, struggle until you can. If you do not, someone will be the poorer all the days of his life.
Try to re-state to yourself what you implicitly feel to be God’s truth, and you give God a chance to pass it on to someone else through you.
Recently, I realized that in all the posts I’ve written and shared, I’ve never laid out clearly the “Beautiful News” of God’s Son as I understand it. If someone tried to invent a great movement or religion they could NEVER have come up with what God did.
The first son of God, Adam, abdicated his sonship for his own human desires. And just as God warned, he died spiritually in the day that his “eyes were opened” to good and evil (ethics–before that there was life with Father, evil had no home with the first humans). We all inherited Adam’s humanness including a dead spirit. SO . . . how did God bridge the gap? Someone put it this way:
“The Son of God became the Son of Man, so that the sons of men could become the sons of God.”
To meditate on this for even a few minutes is to lift your mind (and heart, if you are sensitive) into a truth that–for centuries before the coming of Chirst, the Messiah–could never have been foreseen apart from divine intervention. Because of His great love for us (even before we were born), God reconciles us ALL to Himself. He has a masterpiece destiny awaiting us that through the Son and us, brings in the Royal reign of Kingdom of God upon the earth. That He would give us His Son to take upon Himself OUR shattered, darkened humanness is unfathomable . . . but TRUE! And when he births that new spirit in us (theological term “regenerates” us), and gives us the inner will and means to walk by His Holy Spirit, we become “sons of God.” We become royalty. Personally I believe this is what is behind the human facination regarding the royal wedding (see this theme developed in Truth Behind the Royal Wedding).
The BAD NEWS precedes the Beautiful News and can be bullet-pointed as following:
- Human beings gave up their immortality and died spiritually through listening to their own desires. We are their descendants.
- Our self-directed, narcissitic lives have separated us from God. Now an impassable divide lays before us.
- We are forever separated from a loving Creator and are mortal (immortality is humanly unreachable; only those in Christ have immortality).
- This results in us pursuing emptiness. We always want and never have enough . . . of anything! (this is called lust; it’s at the core of our nature).
- We lust for food, sex, money, power, and esteem. All these are attempts to fill the inner void that was meant to house a living spirit.
- We grow full of pride over what we have and have done.
- We live this life until every one of us–rich or poor, high or low, religious or atheist–must face the end: DEATH. NO ONE escapes! All die and take nothing from this life, no thoughts, no memory, no life . . . NOTHING!
- We lay in death in the presence of God and we have no discernible being. Until . . .
The “Beautiful News” can be bullet-pointed as following:
- We have been given the opportunity of an eternity–immortality restored!
- Messiah, Jesus, came and gave himself to bridge the divide and take into Himself all that separated us from God (He became SIN for us).
- He gave Himself to death, so that we could enter LIFE! . . . IF we would embrace, as precious, the Gift of the Father’s love for us. We do this by renouncing our self-directed lives–our me-centered lust and pride–by accepting His Son’s sacrificial love.This change of heart and mind, will turn us from our self-directed lives and give ourselves to the Love that is enthroned over the Universe–the Living God.
- He, in turn, by His great power, raises our dead spirits to life (now, in this life). And we become the “sons of God.” (we NEVER become or were angels. Angels are a different order of being. They exist to serve God and us, as God directs.)
- At the end of our lives, we die; but . . . the sons of God await the Resurrection of Jesus. Then we receive our new bodies–bodies made for interdimentional life in hyper-time here in the New Earth and New Heavens. The creation awaits this revelation of the sons of God.
- We are seated with and reign with Messiah, Jesus both now (where we are learning the interdimentional aspects of our sonship-reign) and in the New Earth–where we will judge angels.
Those who believe that Jesus came lived, died, was raised again to life opening the way for us into the Kingdom, are given the right to become the “sons of God.” We become sons by the love, grace, and power of God. It is not something that we can evolve into or do for ourselves through religious rituals or behaviors (see Why I Despise “Religion“). That way has been blocked so that no one can boast before God that they were “good enough” or “religious enough” to save themselves.
The rescue was ALL–from beginning to end–of Him. He worked salvation for all of us who would respond to and value His love when we saw it displayed in the life, death, and resurrection of the Father’s Unique Son.
THE BEST PART
(This is the “So What?” part in the title of my book–We’re the ‘sons of God’ . . . So What?) HERE IT IS:
YOU, yes YOU are invited to receive the gift of immortality and new life in Christ. That’s why our healing community of brothers and sisters in Christ is named, New Life Fellowship. You need only seek and ask. All who call upon the name of the Lord, Jesus will be saved.
The SAD part–Jesus said that few do. People want to work their own salvation . . . or better yet . . . deny they even need it. They will suffer the loss of everything in the end and ultimately will pass into the Lake of Fire and be destroyed (NOTE: The Father of Jesus and his family of sons and daughters never created the Lake of Fire for people. He created it for the demonic and the Accuser. Rather ME-centered, pleasure-centered people choose that destiny rather than submit themselves to the Father of the Kingdom of Love.) Whether the Lake of Fire is a metaphor or literal location is not the point here, entrance there will be no less terrifying to those who have chosen to reject Christ, the Father and His Kingdom.
The “Beautiful News” is that YOU were destined by God for sonship–to share in His Kingdom. Will you respond to His love for you? Will you accept the offer he makes of peace between you and Him? I agree with His Spirit when I say to you, “Come.” Return to the Father of your soul and live. By His goodness, take up your masterpiece destiny.
©2011, David C Alves