The above post by Joel Rosenberg is worth reading, so I include it here at “David’s Place.”
Of the more insightful phrases spoken by the Prime Minister, Netanyahu, I like the following:
“Rouhani didn’t sound like Ahmadinejad, but when it comes to Iran’s nuclear weapons program, the only difference between them is this: Ahmadinejad was the wolf in wolf’s clothing. Rouhani is a wolf in sheep’s clothing,” Netanyahu said. “A wolf who thinks he can pull the wool over the eyes of the international community.”
- Netanyahu tells UN: ‘We will stop Iran alone if we need to’ (israelmatzav.blogspot.com)
- Netanyahu decries Iran’s Rouhani as ‘wolf in sheep’s clothing’ – Fox News (foxnews.com)
- Israel issues warning against Iran (bbc.co.uk)
- Watch Benjamin Netanyahu Tell U.N. Members the Gripping Story of How His Grandfather Was Brutally Beaten by an Anti-Semitic Mob (theblaze.com)
- Netanyahu Says Iran Is ‘Committed to Israel’s Destruction’ – After Obama Calls Rouhani (theblaze.com)
- Netanyahu says Israel ready to act alone against Iran (worldbulletin.net)
(Washington, D.C.) — “In our time the Biblical prophecies are being realized,” Israel Prime Minister Netanyahu declared before world leaders gathered at the United Nations General Assembly on Tuesday.
“As the prophet Amos said, they shall rebuild ruined cities and inhabit them,” Netanyahu said. “They shall plant vineyards and drink their wine. They shall till gardens and eat their fruit. And I will plant them upon their soil never to be uprooted again. Ladies and gentlemen, the people of Israel have come home never to be uprooted again.”
I don’t personally recall a single other Israeli leader in the modern era who has spoken so clearly of the fulfillment of Bible prophecy. Perhaps David Ben Gurion did, for the first Israeli premier had a great interest in the Scriptures. But…
View original post 576 more words
Recently, I was interviewed by my brother on “The Ken Zone”–a local cable program broadcast in Western Massachusetts.
I share what I’ve gleaned from my research, study, and My 10 Best Resources on the Islamization of the World. Most of what I share was taught by those Muslims who have escaped Islam’s grip and share at the risk of their lives.
From Joel Rosenberg and “Flash Traffic”:
(Washington, D.C., September 7, 2012) — Evidence continues to mount that an Israeli preemptive strike against Iran’s nuclear program is increasingly likely before the U.S. elections in November. In just five days, the 2012 Epicenter Conference will begin. There, I will deliver the opening address on “The State of the Epicenter,” review what we know about the Iranian nuclear threat and the prospect of war, brief you on the steps The Joshua Fund has taken to prepare for war, and discuss what Christians can and should do to stand with Israel at this critical time. Please make plans to attend the Epicenter Conference in Albuquerque, New Mexico, next week — or watch the conference live (or on demand) at www.epicenterconference.com.
Until then, here are some of the latest developments I’m watching closely:
1. Iran has doubled its uranium enrichment capacity at its most secure, hardened, underground nuclear facility at Fordow, near the religious city of Qom, despite all of the economic sanctions, according to a new IAEA report.
2. Israel’s 14-member Security Cabinet met on Tuesday for a 10-hour meeting to discuss the latest intelligence on the Iran nuclear threat and consider Israel’s military options. The Jerusalem Post notes that this was the first time the full Security Cabinet has met for such an in-depth discussion of Iran in several months.
3. “Former Likud and Kadima member Tzachi Hanegbi said this week that he believed the fate of Israel’s conflict with Iran will be decided within the next 50 days,” reports the Israel Hayom news service. “Hanegbi, who is considered a confidant of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, later told Israel Hayom the assessment was his own and not based on specific information disclosed to him. ‘We are entering the most fateful 50 days Israel has faced since, perhaps, the similarly fateful days prior to the Yom Kippur War,’ Hanegbi said at a Likud conference this week, as quoted by the Makor Rishon newspaper. Hanegbi, who in the past served as chairman of the Knesset Foreign Affairs and Defense Committee as well as minister in the Prime Minister’s Office in 2004 and Internal Security Minister in 2003, recently left the Kadima party and rejoined the Likud.”
4. Rep. Mike Rogers, Chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, is confirming a report of an angry meeting between Israeli PM Netanyahu and U.S. Ambassador to Israel Dan Shapiro in which Netanyahu made it clear the Israeli government does not trust the Obama administration to stop Iran’s nuclear program in time.
5. Prime Minister Netanyahu is scheduled to be in New York City to address the opening session of the U.N. General Assembly from September 27 to September 30. If Israel has not launched an attack before then, and he does in fact make the trip, it would be expected that Netanyahu may give a final ultimatum to the regime in Tehran.
6. Canada has just shut down its embassy in Iran and will expel all Iranian diplomats from Canada in the next five days. With this move, Prime Minister Stephen Harper remains the most pro-Israel leader on the world stage. He also may be signaling he believes war is imminent.
7. That said, the left-of-center Israeli newspaper Haaretz is reporting this week that Defense Minister Ehud Barak may now oppose an Israeli strike against Iran before the U.S. elections in November. There is considerable buzz about this in Israel. But the question is whether this reporting is accurate, or whether this is disinformation designed to confuse the Iranian regime.
[To read more analysis and the links to the stories citied here — and to find links to the latest news and analysis of events and trends in the U.S., Israel, Russia, and the Middle East — please go to: http://flashtrafficblog.wordpress.com/.]
Every once in awhile, someone is brave enough to report real, not revisionist, history. This is the REAL history of the Palestinians and Palestine (the state?).
Anyone willing to be convinced by facts anymore?
- Religious Slaughter: Michael Coren on FOX TV Discussing Honor Killings (atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com)
Psalm 83:1–4 (ESV)
1 O God, do not keep silence; do not hold your peace or be still, O God! 2 For behold, your enemies make an uproar; those who hate you have raised their heads. 3 They lay crafty plans against your people; they consult together against your treasured ones. 4 They say, “Come, let us wipe them out as a nation; let the name of Israel be remembered no more!”
Are YOU an enemy or a friend of God? Notice that the “enemies” of God–“those who hate” Him and have become proud are described in verse 3 and 4 as those who:
- work crafty plans against his people
- consult against his “treasured ones”
- Those plans intend to “wipe them out as a nation”
- to erase Israel’s memory from the earth
Ring a bell yet?
The Psalmist wrote Psalm 83 over 2500 years ago. He wrote about the nations surrounding Israel sometime around 590 BC. Yet, he could have been writing last week. Asaph’s soul was distressed at the constant hatred aimed at Israel.
Have you wondered at the constant hatred of the world against the Jews–against Israel–God’s people? What possesses those who so blindly hate? What is the source of antisemitism? How is it that its sources are so many? Islam, National Socialism, ne0-Nazis, Communists, occultists, all hate the Jews. Israel’s only friends are the followers of Jesus Christ and righteous people who are friends of Jesus. Notice, I did not say Christians. That’s because not all who have historically called themselves “Christians” were friends. Nor are some of those who today call themselves “Christians.”
My post entitled, Churchianity versus Christianity, , explains the difference between some streams of Christianity and the followers or disciples of Jesus. Even today, some “orthodox” believers in various countries persecute those disciples of Jesus who actually have a relationship with Christ. This too is an age old struggle–those born of the slave woman versus those born of the free woman (an allusion to the “Letter to the Galatians”). Jesus said that you will know the true believers by their fruit–the content of their character and their actions as defined by God’s Word–the Bible.
The Bible says that at the time Jesus returns Israel will again be surrounded by her enemies. Those enemies will hate her and want to end her existence. The reason this hateful antisemitism has outlasted many generations of humans is that antisemitism is spiritual, not merely human. The enemy of God, Satan, has always hated God’s people. And until he is finally destroyed by the power of God through his sons and daughters, and ultimately the direct intervention of the Messiah, Satan will continue to hate–not only the Jews, but all who support her and are friends to Israel. Satan’s hatred of God is why Evangelicals and many Catholics suffer a similar hatred and persecution. Satan hates what God loves. Not much is written about those Evangelicals and Catholics who suffered in Nazis concentration camps. Occasionally you hear of someone who has heard of Corrie Ten Boom or Dietrich Bonhoeffer. Many are the believers who have been beheaded for their faith in Christ at the hands of Mohammad and his evil religion. History has no shortage of Satan’s victims.
Make no mistake about this: I am not saying that all of any group are righteous or unrighteous. Human beings are simply the channels of spirits. We are either animated by the Holy Spirit of God or we are animated by the spirit of Satan. The Bible says that there is no middle ground. God is your source or Satan is your source. You are serving one or the other, either passively or actively. But you are serving. Bob Dylan wrote the song, “You Gotta Serve Somebody.” The lyrics make it clear that you are a servant of one or the other–of God’s kingdom or Satan’s.
Jesus said those who are not for me are against me. If you are not active for Jesus, the Son of the living God, then you are active against him. If you are against Him, then you are against the One he claimed as Abba–Father. If you are not for Jesus, then you are opposed to Yahweh. For Yahweh is the One who testifies that Jesus is His Right Hand of authority and power–His Unique Son. Allah has no Son. This is how you know that Allah and Yahweh are not the same God. Therefore Allah is NO god.
At another time, Jesus said that those who are not against Him are for Him. This is more passive. If you are not actively opposing Him, then you are not channeling Satan’s spirit. Understand that the way a person opposes Jesus is to deny who He claims to be. Opposing Jesus is being hateful toward those he loves. So if you are not hateful and mean spirited toward his followers or to the Jewish people, then you are “for Him.”
The Psalmist’s solution to the antisemitism of his day was to ask God to send upon Israel’s enemies the terrors and shame of being God’s enemies . . . SO
Psalm 83:18 (ESV) — 18 that they may know that you alone, whose name is the Lord [heb. יהוה ], are the Most High over all the earth.
We want God’s enemies to come to know Him. To let go of their false gods of the pagan world and come into a relationship to the One true and living God–Yahweh [heb. יהוה ].
Are you a friend of God or His enemy? Which spirit works through your life?
QUESTION: What can we do to defeat the spirit behind antisemitism? What are YOU doing?
©2011, David C Alves
- Why I Despise “Religion“
- Clash of Kingdoms: Allah versus Yahweh – Part 1
- Clash of Kingdoms: Allah versus Yahweh – Part 2