I address all peaceful Muslims who sincerely believe that their faith is a religion of peace; yet, feel threatened by the increasing separation from mainstream Americans. We want to love, respect, and trust you. But that must be won by your actions.
I believe that you believe what you believe. You really think that Islam is peaceful and will bring world peace. If Islam devoured the world there would be peace for a short time following the fall of the last free nation and the indoctrination of several generations of children. But then (or perhaps before) the fallen nature of man would have no restraints and you would see the horror of totalitarianism. You would witness a world of bondage, slavery, sexual perversion cloaked in religious dogma. You would see a nightmare like none you’ve ever imagined nor has entered the mind of a human being. Unless you look at some of the places around the world where Islam reigns. They are nations of fear and desperation, bondage and poverty of spirit. Women are enslaved. Creativity is crushed. Violence and evil rule.
The peace would be shortlived. It would disintegrate in the turmoil of the spirits that animate all substitute religions (as opposed to a relationship with Yahweh). The violent and martial spirits of Islam would surface. The anti-semetic spirit that animates totalitarian worldviews would arise and not be satiated until the genocide was complete. Then it would turn and devour everything human as Satan does wherever he manifests.
See here’s the TRUTH.
Behind every doctrine, belief, or faith that denies Yahweh–the ONLY living God–is a spiritual distortion which the Bible calls a “stronghold.” It is a lie or half-truth that presents itself as the truth. All stronholds have the following in common:
- They substitute people, animals, idols, or false gods for Yahweh.
- They appeal to religious rules and regulations that appease the god being worshiped.
- They require absolute obedience based on law, not love. They enslave people. Liberty and freedom of worship are their absolute enemies.
- They deny what God says about himself.
- They are spiritual in nature, thus very difficult to get at.
- They exchange the truth of God for a lie.
- They raise up zealots who would kill those who disagree or diverge.
Since you have embraced several cognitive distortions: “Allah is god.” “Mohammad is his prophet.” and “Our religion is a religion of peace.” you have embraced three strongholds which have set themselves up against knowing Yahweh and his Messiah.
I suggest therefore, if you are a sincere person, that you take the following action-steps:
Embrace the true Prince of Peace. Yahweh is the Savior of all men and women, nations and tongues. He is not a Western God but the God the entire cosmos. According to the Apostles, Jesus, His unique Son, is his ONLY means of salvation for ALL. The bible calls Jesus–“Prince of Peace” or “Peaceful Leader.” He is the exact representation of Yahweh’s character/person. He is alive, not dead. He lives and is with you now if you are still reading this post.
Believe the truth. The truth has power to demolish “strongholds” and every pretense that sets itself up against the knowledge of Yahweh–God. Contrary to popular notions, not all truth is relative. The truth that God himself has proclaimed or that Jesus has stated is the absolute, TRUTH.
The power of a lie is broken only by the truth. As long as we remain in the age of grace, Jesus is saving the world, not judging it. This truth breaks down the lie. Then when the lie is exposed, we are free to choose. Have you come into freedom or bondage when you converted to Islam?
What about those who choose against our God or Jesus?
He does not tell us to kill them or to rid the world of them. True disciples of Jesus and of God the Father, are commanded to LOVE them. We do that by speaking truth (hoping to awaken people everywhere from their demonic dream). We serve those we love. We pray for them. We care for them in acts of kindness and compassion. That’s the fruit of true disciples of Jesus. And . . . I’m convinced that many world religions, including Islam, have just enough of the truth in them to lead people to the Heart that has created and today rules the Universe–Yahweh, the ONLY living God and His Messiah–Jesus of Nazareth. Even your own prophet spoke of Jesus and his importance. Why did he even bother to acknowledge Jesus?
Take a Stand! If you are sincere in your claim that you are a peaceful Muslim, if you denounce the behavior of your fellow Muslims who have chosen to live out the Qu’ran literally and follow the violent lifestyles of Mohammed and Suleiman, and other champions of your faith, then stand publicly against their understanding of Jihad. Take a stand against the notion that “Sharia Law” is the destiny of the peoples of the world. Speak out against the lying and deceit that goes on as some Muslims seek to deceive in order to become accepted. Under the strategy of assimilation they are a 21st Century Trojan Horse in the midst of the nations where they live. Anyone who lies to win converts is not of God. Jesus said that liars are of their father, the Devil. For the Devil is the Father of Lies and has lied from the beginning. That’s his atmosphere. The bible later states in several places that the Lake of Fire awaits ALL who LIE! True disciples of Yahweh or of Jesus, may lie–but they cannot justify it, nor will they go unpunished for lying. Allah, on the other hand, approves of lying–that is why all Muslims (peaceful or jihadist) must ultimately decided how one God justfies lying and how the other God judges lying. They are not the same God. Which will you follow, the god of lies or the God of truth?
Stand against your personal sin. Embrace a jihad of righteousness in your inner being. Jihad, “struggle,” should be against your own personal sin just as each follower of Jesus has confronted his own sin-nature and reckoned it crucified with Jesus. We put off the old and put on the new committed to living peacefully and in love with our neighbors–regardless of their faith. We only expect the same freedoms. Islam does not respect that freedom.
Make A Choice! The great prophet Joshua said to the people,
“And if it is evil in your eyes to serve the Lord, choose this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your fathers served in the region beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord [Yahweh].”” (Joshua 24:15, ESV)
I want to challenge you who claim that Islam is peaceful and is not out to place everyone under Sharia law or enslave the world, to TAKE A STAND! You should be denouncing and refuting those who so interpret the Qu’ran to say that Islam is to rule the world. You should be supporting the freedom and liberty that you claim to value as citizens in this free nation. You should recognize and support the free choice of every human being to worship as their conscience dictates. NO ONE has the right to force ANYONE to embrace a particular religion or dogma. We are free. And when someone becomes a follower of Jesus, they have been set free from sin and from religion.
“For freedom Christ has set us free; stand firm therefore, and do not submit again to a yoke of slavery.” (Galatians 5:1, ESV)
The ONE TRUE God values FREEDOM that is what originally made the United States great and Free. We have traditionally been a nation with open arms. We welcome ALL who will come and EMBRACE OUR VALUES, SPEAK OUR LANGUAGE, and UPHOLD OUR FREEDOMS. That is why you are welcome here. The price of freedom: is to stand against Tyranny wherever it is found. Will you stand with me, with us? By standing up without fear and confronting the evils of radical Muslims, you will win our respect and trust.
- Our Culture Invites Self-destruction (davidcalves.com)
- Allah is NOT the name of God (paulmarcelrene.wordpress.com)
- Most US Muslims Feel Singled Out by Terror Policies (davidcalves.com)
- Yahweh is My Strength (kevinnunez.org)
Yes, I know it’s not Christmas yet. But I want to get you thinking about its non-religious meaning before all the commercial and religious huppla makes you numb to the topic. And I want you to have a whole new experience this year. So forget everything you’ve ever heard “Christians” and atheists say regarding Jesus and read to the end.
Etymology of “Holiday”
The word “Holiday” came from the phrase “Holy Day.” (Ought Oh . . . you ARE talking religion. NO I’m NOT! Keep reading!) “Holy Day” meant “a day set aside” for a special purpose or remembrance. It was a day set aside specifically to think about and commemorate a theme which or person who impacted history. And to enjoy related discussions and remembrances with friends and family. On Memorial Day, we not only have the day off, but we have it off because brave men and women died to preserve our freedom and liberty. Martin Luther King Day commemorates the ministry and life of Dr. King and his valiant stand for civil rights against bigotry and oppression.
So why is Christmas a “Holy day”?
The One whose birthday we celebrate every December 25–though that was not the actual date when he was born–has so impacted the world you and I live in, that time itself is classified as A.D. “Anno Dei”–“the year of our Lord.” The celebration of that birth–the birth of God’s Messiah (or “anointed One”) divides old history (B.C.) from new history (A.D). The coming or “advent” of the Messiah not only did that, but it ushered in a new Kingdom. A Kingdom far different from the Kingdoms of men. It divided of an Old Covenant with God and ushered in a New Covenant (that’s where believers get the tern “New Testament” even though it’s origin is thousands of years old). When Messiah Jesus came, He inaugurated the prophesied “Kingdom of God.” What’s more, He claimed that Kingship. And God backed Him up, proving His claims by raising Him from the dead. NO OTHER HISTORIC WORLDVIEW CLAIMS A RESURRECTED SAVIOR AS ITS LIVING LEADER. Yes, Jesus is Alive! This is not religion. This is HISTORY.
The Supernatural Kingdom of God
People have always mistaken that Kingdom God for a human, political/religious Kingdom. Yet, that Kingdom has been expanding and growing quietly, secretly just as Jesus said it would. Most often, the Royal Reign of God is totally missed . . . even by so-called “Christians.” But those who are truly included in that Kingdom understand and expand it joyfully. We recognize its supernatural origins and ultimate natural manifestation.
“he said, “To you it has been given to know the secrets of the kingdom of God, but for others they are in parables, so that ‘seeing they may not see, and hearing they may not understand.’” (Luke 8:10)
“Jesus answered and said to him, “Truly, truly I say to you, unless someone is born from above, he is not able to see the kingdom of God.”” (John 3:3)
“for through him [Jesus] God created everything in the heavenly realms and on earth. He made the things we can see and the things we can’t see— such as thrones, kingdoms, rulers, and authorities in the unseen world. Everything was created through him and for him.” (Colossians 1:16)
The Shepherd-King Knows Us
We aren’t necessarily recognized by the world or even by the church, but we know that we know the King and–more importantly–He knows us personally. He communicates with us and we with Him (Gospel of John 10:14, 23). Those who say that they are followers of Christ or know Him are quite mistaken if they have never heard Him call them by name. Hear what Jesus himself says regarding this:
“To him the gatekeeper opens. The sheep hear his voice, and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. When he has brought out all his own, he goes before them, and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice.” (John 10:3–4)
“I am the good shepherd. I know my own and my own know me, just as the Father knows me and I know the Father; and I lay down my life for the sheep.” (John 10:14–15)(emphasis mine)
Jesus–the Shepherd King–is the reason for the season. He is the center-point of human history. It is from His life that both western and eastern Christianity were birthed. Granted, Christian orthodoxy has swung wide from it’s original intent and founder, but that does not mean that His was a life to be ashamed of or relegated to “religion.” Jesus is King of the Royal Reign of God–the Kingdom of God. He is God’s best and final WORD to hurting, distressed, and broken world.
Here and Coming Kingdom
The horrors converging upon this world in the forms of Ebola, ISIS, weather anomalies, kingdom rising up against kingdom, decadence and dissolution are evidences of the second-coming of the King:
“Then he [Jesus] gave them this illustration: “Notice the fig tree, or any other tree. When the leaves come out, you know without being told that summer is near. In the same way, when you see all these things taking place, you can know that the Kingdom of God is near. I tell you the truth, this generation will not pass from the scene until all these things have taken place. Heaven and earth will disappear, but my words will never disappear. “Watch out! Don’t let your hearts be dulled by carousing and drunkenness, and by the worries of this life. Don’t let that day catch you unaware, like a trap. For that day will come upon everyone living on the earth. Keep alert at all times. And pray that you might be strong enough to escape these coming horrors and stand before the Son of Man.”” (Luke 21:29–36)
You are Invited IF you Hear His Voice
This Christmas, perhaps you might think about topics worthy of the season, you will give and receive gifts, but if you don’t know the Shepherd-King’s voice or have fellowship and great joy from knowing Him (especially if He doesn’t know you), you have a hopeful word from Him. He said:
And I have other sheep that are not of this fold. I must bring them also, and they will listen to my voice. So there will be one flock and one shepherd.” (John 10:16)(emphasis mine)
If you don’t know Him. If you’ve never asked Him to call you by name . . . Don’t waste a moment. Get alone and in all seriousness call upon Him with a sincere heart and watch the miracle unfold over the next few hours, days or weeks. He has another promise:
“All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never cast out.” (John 6:37)(emphasis mine)
Celebrate a Messiah-centered Christmas this year as a follower of the Shepherd-King whose Kingdom is Just, good, compassionate, supernatural, and everlasting!
DISCLAIMER: We don’t behead those who don’t want the Royal Reign of our God. We grieve that they have missed out on the Kingdom and our most wonderful Shepherd and have never heard His voice.
Related Posts you May want to Consider:
[I have revised and updated this post from a couple of years ago.]
Are your problems like other peoples’ problems?
Have you ever thought to yourself that you were the ONLY one concerned about . . . (name it).
Let’s take a few minutes and look at the 8 biggest problems people face (whether they know it or not). See where you fall out in comparison.
This is not a scientific study**. These are my personal reflections over three decades of serving people. As a busy, involved Life Coach I get lots of questions from clients, friends, and family. They all center around the following eight concerns:
1. Relational Issues. Human beings are relational. Those who aren’t are considered abnormal, and for good reason . . . they are. Men relate to women, women to men, children relate to parents, people to employers, teachers, and government. Everything in life revolves around relationship. Why are so many so bad at them? Relational equilibrium is what Life Coaches help to establish. People sometimes need a new or different perspective on their old habits of relating that aren’t working for them. Perhaps they need a new mental window to look through when they’re communicating with others.
If you want to see shallow, superficial relationships and attempts at “love,” just watch some of the contemporary reality TV programs. The problem with watching them of course is that they have nothing to teach you. Unless you learn from them that relationships need to be other-oriented rather than selfish and self-serving. Who would want a “friend” like some of the people you see on the “Bachelorette” or “Jersey Shore?” I’m hoping these aren’t the new “reality.” If they are, we should add a ninth problem to our list: Shallow Reality TV.
2. Fear of Running Out of Money. Will the money last? Will I have a job tomorrow? Most people are concerned about their income, especially the lack of income. They are concerned about expenses. He says, “She shops like there’s no tomorrow. She can’t possibly wear all the shoes she owns!” She says, “He thinks a boat is more important than renovating our bedroom or kitchen. If it were up to him, I wouldn’t have anything.”
Some have more than enough but worry that they’ll lose it. Others have just enough to squeak by today but are not sure about tomorrow. Some say they don’t care . . . and among those are the truly content and the obviously deluded. Life and death, sickness and health are tied up in these issues. FREE ADVICE: The best place to be in regard to finances is completely out of debt.
3. Health Issues. What happens if I get sick? How will we get by? OR I’m so tired of hospitals and doctors. I’m sick of sickness! How can I keep myself healthy? Many are deeply in debt through no fault of their own and see no way out. Many folks I talk with are ignorant of healthy nutrition. Others have begun to take seriously the way our food in America is raised and processed (for a real education watch the documentary Food, Inc.–you can stream it on Netflix). They are opting in on organic produce and fruits, grass-fed cattle, and free-range foul. Some worry about their health future. There are solutions that do not involve medical insurance. More and more believers I know are taking advantage of group sharing programs like Samaritan Ministries (for those who are disciples of Jesus).
4. Anxiety over Finding or Losing Loved ones. Am I lovable? Will someone care for me? Am I worth caring about? Am I perfect enough? Can I find mister/ms right? Will I ever find someone like . . . ? Love is at the center of most relationships. All but the most dysfunctional people care deeply about finding, keeping, and losing love. Yet no two people can agree upon what “true love” is. Some say there’s no such thing . . . and they have enough broken relationships to prove it. Relational issues in families, between families have escalated since the late sixties, early seventies. I’m not a sociologist, so I can’t give you the reasons for this. What I can say is that the majority of people I speak with or coach desire whole, functional relationships. Others don’t want to pay the price to change. They want the OTHER person to change. Our difficulties are always easier to blame on someone else when we’re too immature to take responsibility for the way we relate.
Abandonment, rejection, and loneliness have attacked every one of us through some relationship. Good reason exists for us all to be love-shy. Yet, people who can’t or won’t love will remain incomplete and dysfunctional. Love is after all what our Creator says we were created for. All the negative experiences are the result, not of love, but of SELF-love.
5. Religious Questions. Is there a God? Or is this life all there is? Are we alone in the Universe? What if there is a God and I’m wrong? Do I end up in Hell or Heaven? What are the requirements? Who’s right? Muslims? Jews? Buddhists? Hindus? What’s the big deal about Jesus? Why are Christians so insistent on Him for everybody? Do we really need religion? These are not problems for some, but for those who deeply examine their lives, they have to come to terms with whether they want to live a Tea Bag Philosophy of life or encounter and relate to the One who claims to be Creator, and lover of their soul. The reason Jesus is such a big deal, the reason that every known religion has had to come to terms with Him is because He claimed a relationship with God as Father. Then he rose from the dead and was seen by over 500 credible witnesses. His followers number in the 10’s of millions. Like Him, they claim that God has “revealed” Himself to them. They experience fellowship with their Father-God. Other religions make claims as well, but of a very different sort. None claims that their God is the God who is Love. No other God has demonstrated that love by reaching out to human beings to bring them into his Household. For this reason, and many others, I’m a Christian spiritual formation Life Coach.
6. Concerns about Death. What happens when I die? Of course, the obvious answer is “You’re dead. It won’t matter to you.” Don’t we just die, go into the ground, and float around as a spirit looking to hang out in a place that was special to us? Most of the cultural views regarding death are based upon a misinformed Epistemology–Most people are clueless about immortality, death, the grave, and what happens after (including, and sometimes most especially, religious people). You can change that. You can know what happens when you die. That’s why beyond the grave books are such hot sellers. That’s why Life Coaches, who also deal with spiritual formation, can bring clarity to many of these issues.
7. Global War. Aren’t we headed toward destruction of the world? Why can’t we just all live together? Why can’t we live at peace? For the same reason that people struggle with so many of these life questions. Most people look only on the surface and refuse to see the invisible, underlying realities that shape our existence. I guess they feel that they can’t impact those unseen things. So now combine misplaced Epistomology with a misplaced Anthropology. War is the result of men who are unsatisfied with what they have (greed) OR of men who think that they have to institute their religious laws on everyone else (religious legalistic totalitarianism). By the way, Christians to not believe they must institute religious laws on everyone. Quite the opposite. They fulfill and satisfied the law in their relationship to Jesus Christ. What do Imean? Take a week and read, then reread The New Testament in the Bible. Then you’ll understand.
Think long and hard over these two causes (greed and religious law) before you’re tempted to move on. The lust of man, the pride of life, and the desires that he can’t control all drive him to take what is not his or want what is someone else’s. He wants to control, to enforce his will upon others. No god offered by other religions encourages freedom or liberty. They can’t. They want to control. The One True God–Yahweh–is the God of freedom and love. A person adopted as His child, is truly free and beloved.
8. Concerns about the Future. What should I do with my life? Where are things headed? Scores of questions abound regarding the future–what it holds, how people are to face it, perhaps leverage it. The future is big business too. So naturally people wonder if it’s OK to seek out fortune tellers, palm readers, psychics, and other practitioners of divination. As a Christian spiritual formation Life Coach, I share God’s view regarding those practices. They open people to demonization by seeking future information from supernatural sources–which God has expressly forbidden (not because He’s a Blue Meanie–but for our safety). I explain that two sources are available for believers to KNOW their intended future, including preparing for unforeseen events. But that’s another post.
The eight biggest problems people voice to me seem to cover most things human. The specifics change, but the concerns seem to group together under one of the eight–relational issues, fear of running out of money, health issues, anxiety over finding or losing loved ones, religious questions, concerns about death, global war, and concerns about the future.
QUESTION: Can you think of any BIG problems I’ve overlooked?
©2011, David C Alves
**MY RESEARCH: Just to give you some context to why I know something about this topic: I’m speaking from tens of thousands of conversations for over twenty-six years as a Life Coach. The questions and concerns people bring to me tend to be repetitive. I also speak as someone who has weathered bankruptcy and am now completely out of dept. I have been divorced and have been happily married now for 32 years in my second marriage. I was lost and have been found. I was rejected and am accepted. I have defeated panic attack disorder and quit smoking and drinking decades ago. All this just to say, I’m not someone who can’t empathize with the people I coach. Character and wisdom come from weathering life’s storms, caring for others, being teachable, and taking sound counsel.
- Life Coaching Tips (womanby1design.wordpress.com)
- Why I Despise “Religion” (davidcalves.com)
- One2One Life and Parenting Coaching, LLC offers Free Parent and Life Coaching Consultations for Palm Beach County Residents (prweb.com)
- Lust, Love, or TRUE Love? (davidcalves.com)