CHECK BACK: Participation will continue until noon on January 5, 2012. So you can check back to see what readers of David’s Place think as we move toward the New Hampshire primary.
Thanks for participating in this poll.
- Michael P. McDonald: First Votes Cast in New Hampshire Primary (huffingtonpost.com)
- New threat to old ways in N.H.’s primary politics (boston.com)
- The New Hampshire Union Leader Endorses… (michellemalkin.com)
- Republican Presidential Candidates: Where Does 2012 GOP Race Stand? (ibtimes.com)
- Oops: Rick Perry Calls New Hampshire Primary ‘Caucuses’ On Fox and Friends (mediaite.com)
“Draw me after you and let us run together!
–Song of Songs 1:1
Every election season (like the one coming for 2012), candidates for the Presidency of the United States descend upon and woo the residents of New Hampshire as though all along each one was in love with us. Why are they so in love with New Hampshire? I heard one candidate say that he felt like he was “one of us”–a citizen of the granite state.
The truth is that as soon as the last primary was over, boxes were packed and planes were boarded and off they went to the next state where the same rhetoric wooed the citizens of that state. We overlook it and take it with a grain of salt because “That’s politics.”
I’m so glad that Jesus is not like that. He woos us because He really loves us. He courts us because He’s the Bridegroom and we’re the Bride. For Him, it’s not a game to be played to get something from us. He’s in love with His church to GIVE something to us–Himself . . . His love . . . His LIFE.
The response of our heart is “Draw me after you and let us run together!” Candidates may come and go, but the One who deserves our attention will not leave New Hampshire. He will not leave you. He’s not after your vote. He wants your heart. He is faithful. Let’s run together after Him.
©2011, David C Alves