Tag Archives: robert pack
I’m in the formatting stage of completing my 5th book. What makes this book stand out from the others is . . . this is my first work of fiction.
I’ve collected and edited 50 decades of selected poems and compiled a chapbook. Do you like the cover?
High Along the Green Weyes: Selected Early Poems will be available first in Kindle and eBook format, followed by the print version several weeks later.
I hope that I may add a new fiction audience to my already faithful non-fiction readers. And once my book of poems is launched, I can get to work on finishing the two novels I have in the works. Very exciting for me to launch out in fiction.
I hope you will share this post with friends and family and help me spread the word. I’ll keep you informed.
If you would like to be placed on my Personal Newsletter list, please sign up on the right in the navigation column. The newsletter, when I begin it, will be quarterly. And short!! LOL.
Here’s one of the poems:
A light breeze, sweet with morning,
flapped my curtain, stirred the long
blinds to softly clatter, welcoming day.
–a mountain-flyer morning.
High over valleys watching, with hawks–
Okemo–scarred with jagged trails, bare, green grassed,
empty lines and lifts and ledges,
beside condominiums–gleaming rows of white teeth
smiling in the sun–
long after Abenaki moved north.
Okemo–sore with skiers and trails, waits
through seasons for her trees to return
as the wheel comes round again,
as it always comes round . . . again–
around To her, alone in wind,
Share With a Friend On:
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)