How can we reject Islam as the evil that it is, yet love Muslims?
Our response as followers of Jesus must never be that of the world. We are not to be Muslim-bashers or hateful toward an entire group of people. We must not fall into Islam’s error–lumping all “Kafir” into the same basket. Nor should we dehumanize Muslims as Islam does the “people of the Book”–Jews and followers of Jesus.
Just because one woman is immoral is no reason to say that all women must be immoral. Just because a dentist lies to a patient, does not mean that all dentists lie to their patients. Generalization with regard to people-groups is “all or nothing thinking”–which is always a cognitive distortion–a lie.
So . . . How can we love Muslims?
1. Understand that they are people whom Yahweh (the living God) loves deeply. He loves them so deeply that He gave His Son for them. Jesus died to set all people everywhere free from bondage to religions and bondage to sin. Only when they are free from their rules, regulations, predjuces, and hatred can they truly experience that love. We must demonstrate His love toward them as individuals and people who, like us, desperately need a Savior.
2. Realize that many do not know their own religion. Experts in Islam say that the majority of Muslims do not know Islam. They are in bondage to what others have told them about their religion. We should foster a growing awareness that many Muslims do not truly know or understand their own theology. Fewer still know the history of Islam and the Ottoman empire.
The same is the case for many who attend or practice various religions. Few really ever can spell out just what it is they believe. Fewer still understand more than the basics of their theology. Fewer still know the history of their faith or religion. When all this is taken together, it’s more than understandable that many Muslims do not know what Islam believes or where it originated. Ask ten Muslims who “Allah” is and you will probably get ten different answers.
Many people would argue, fight, and die for their misunderstandings rather than invest the time to learn what their faith really teaches. Jihadists have taken the time to understand who Mohammad is and what the Qu’ran really teaches at its core. They are the faithful of their religion. They are the ones who are living the life of the prophet to its fullest. They are simply living out what the Qu’ran (Koran) really teaches.
In the same respect, Jesus taught and lived certain things. Only those who really know the Lord and understand what he lived and taught are true disciples of his (1 Jn. 2:4-6). The great majority of “CHristians” are clueless. Jesus said that their end will be shocking to them (Mt. 7:21-23).
The problem with Islam is that once you know what’s it’s really all about, you either have to embrace it as truth and live the life of the true jihadists or depart from it altogether. There is only middle ground for the nominal and the uninformed–those who deny the Prophet Mohammed and his book. That’s why terrorists see NO ONE besides themselves as true believers. “Peaceful” Muslims are apostates in their eyes for they have rejected an absolute of the faith–jihad. Genuine Muslims are seeing Islam as it really is and they recognize–and disdain–those who water down the faith and life of Muhammad.
Islam produces oppression, bondage, a low view of human life, murder, lies, everything that Jesus came to put an end to. Yet, I have a cousin who is a Muslim. She is kind, compassionate, peace-loving, and open to Jesus. How can that be? Simple . . . she does not really know what she has embraced.
So we can love Muslims because many just want to live their lives free of all the religious demands and enjoy life and liberty with a minimum of moral constraint. So most Muslims do not support or agree with the terrorist/jihadist. They see jihad as an inner, spiritual struggle. They are not likely a threat to anyone except the fundamental Muslim who would just as soon wipe them out as anyone else. AND if the jihadists ever do get in power, you can see what their reign will be like by looking at the nations where they hold power. Their track-record is not hidden unless your head is in the sand.
Want Islam, then look at those nations and you’ll see what you’re asking for. Look at what’s happening to Europe and you’ll see what pure, fundamental, true to its roots Islam produces and encourages. Islam is a religion of hate and murder. That’s why I warn two groups: the body of Christ, and Muslims who don’t agree with fundamental, historic Islam and believe their religion is a religion of “peace.”
3. Realize that there is spiritual reality behind Islam. Islam is not just a religion. Islam has a religious arm. But it is primarily a weltanschauung (worldview–a way of life) that embraces the whole. It is a political, economic, sociological, and religious way of life. Behind it stand spiritual realitites. Islam is the movement of spiritual principalties in the heavenly places (Eph. 6.12). It’s God, Allah (in Hebrew–The Destroyer) is a God of hatred, revenge, murder and lies. He is the beast empowered by the Dragon, spoken of in our Book of Revelation. That means that demonic power presents it, props it up, and keeps it going. Many, not all, of its leaders are unwittingly empowered by spiritual beings.
A striking analogy is that of Adolf Hitler and his Third Reich. I have studied the Occult roots of the Third Reich and Hitler’s ascendency to power. I can’t tell you the times I’ve heard someone say, “How did he get so powerful?” “How could anyone have believed or followed him?”
Generally speaking, rational, western people do not try to understand spiritual realities. They have been educated in a dysfunctional, anti- supernatural taxonomy. Demonic power cannot be understood rationally, because it’s irrational–it’s spiritual, demonic.
The supernatural cannot be known or understood by the natural or carnal mind. God alone can open the mind to understand the spiritual. The Bible says it this way:
“The natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him, and he is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned.” (1 Corinthians 2:14, ESV)
The way I know an apple tree is not by the seed or the leaves or the bark on the tree. I know an apple tree because, every fall it produces APPLES–not bananas or grapes. The tree produces its own fruit. Jesus said that you’ll know false leaders by their character. You’ll know their source by their behavior–their actions (Mt. 7:15-20). Hitler’s behavior, his kingdom was darkness, evil, and antisemitic.
Look around. What does Islam produce? Subscribe to some of the world watchdog news services that monitor Islam’s fruit–darkness, evil, human rights violations, and antisemitism. Muslim leaders hate the Jews (and Christians). Their organizations use our freedoms and rights to renounce and displace “people of the Book” (Bible). If Allah attacks God’s people, then he is not God. He is God’s enemy.
Listen to those who WERE Muslims. They have something to teach the politically correct, and supernaturally naive. Their lives are now threatened because they have departed from the faith. Listen to their insider view of Islam. They are educated people who have had the light bulb turn on for them. Listen carefully to what they say. They will tell you what spirit lies behind Islam. Listen to the warning voices. Listen to Islam’s own agenda and those experts who understand it.
Jesus said, that anyone who TRULY wants to know the truth will come to know it (1 Timothy 2:2-4). Those who don’t want to hear have covered their ears and don’t want truth. They have no place for God in their hearts, because they have believed their father, the father of lies (Jn. 8:42-47). Muslims who are serious about Islam serve the beast-god who is in rebellion against the One True God–Yahweh–the God of Heaven and earth.
The way we love Muslims must flow out of our understanding of the deep, spiritual bondage in which they are locked. The deception that has taken them captive, requires a revelation of the love of God. That is the ONLY thing that will set the captive free (Isa. 61:1-3).
4. Treat Muslims the way you would want to be treated by them. Would you want to be accepted? Accept them (as individuals). Would you want to receive kindness? Be kind to them. Would you want to be free, allow them freedom (as long as they do not use that freedom to put you, your children, and grandchildren in bondage). Would you want to be included? Include them. Pray for them. Care for them. Share what you have with them.
Include them as you fellowship with other believers. Jesus said that as we love our Christian brothers and sisters, ALL people (including Muslims) will KNOW that you are my disciples.
If you are a follower of Jesus, you are to love ALL men and women. Muslims are NOT OUR ENEMIES. Satan is. His bondage and slavery are our enemies. Islam is our enemy. Muslims need to see the love of God. They already see enough hatred. Let’s not participate in the spirit that animates their religion.
I choose to love Muslims, by sharing the Truth with them. Won’t you join me?
QUESTION: How do YOU think we should respond to Muslims?
Some may believe that by killing off the snakes, we won’t get bit anymore. The problem is that snakes like Osama Bin Laden and Anwar al-Awlaki are the ones you SEE. They’re right in the middle of the path. More dangerous are the hundreds of others that you don’t see or WON’T choose to see. The American News Media has its head in the sand or is sand-bagging; I’m not sure which.
None of them are interested in following the money and following the real hate. A clear path leads into the snake dens of hundreds of U.S. Mosques and Islamic terrorist front-organizations like CAIR. I’ve NEVER seen ABC (see ABC’s Islamophobia) or CBS run a story that shows these organizations for what they really are. Where’s Frontline?
I’ve never seen them interview Wafa Sultan who can lead them to important stories about the real agenda of jihadists. I’ve never seen them get onto the trail of Islamic hatred and report on that! They’d be off and running if anyone had a Tea Party scoop. Where’s the objectivity? Where’s the guts to get beyond their obvious biases and get honest about the atrocities and human rights violations of these MUSLIM nations and people groups?
Where there’s smoke, there’s fire. And our American News media can’t even smell the smoke, never mind locate the fire. I prefer my news straight up and honest. No marinating it in “tolerance” “political correctness” “cultural sensitivity” and all the other post-modern filters. Real journalists need to learn to sidestep the accusations of “bigotry” leveled at anyone who disagrees with a movement or policy. History must stand appalled at this subterfuge!
HERE IT IS STRAIGHT UP: Islam is the ONLY religion in modern society that has as its aim the death and destruction of innocent people who do not agree with its distinctives and practices. Anwar al-Awlaki is a Muslim Terrorist who planned and executed the mass murders of many of his countrymen–including women and children. He deserves no respect and no sympathy. He empowered mass murder because that’s what Islam requires of its non-believers. Along with Ahmadinejad, they are the faces of true Islam and its Qu’ran-inspired end times agenda. He is the snake we saw. What about those who are hiding, using our own freedoms and tolerance against us?
What next? Follow the money. Follow the human rights violations. Tell the truth about jihadists worldwide and renounce doublespeak. Name it for what it is!
©2011, David C Alves
- Al-Qaida cleric Anwar al-Awlaki is dead, says Yemen (guardian.co.uk)
- Anwar al-Awlaki: Model Moderate Muslim and Terrorist (americandefenseleague.wordpress.com)
- Three reasons Anwar al-Awlaki’s assassination is a major… (shortformblog.tumblr.com)
- Another American Killed in Strike on Anwar al-Awlaki (newser.com)
Name a single Arab or Islamic state, which, after a revolution that has overthrown a dictator, came to embrace political pluralism, religious tolerance and equal rights for women.
You can’t, can you?
So begins the post by Cal Thomas regarding the notion that Islamic states will arrive at Western values because a wave of freedom is washing across the world.
Notice too the clash between Islam and every culture it encounters?
Well, doesn’t Christianity do the same? Religious or political “Christians” –neither of which will be acknowledged by Jesus according to his own words and standard–have done worse. But that is not Christianity. That is Churchianity.
Would genuine followers of Jesus hijack airplanes and crash them into civilian office buildings to get the world to embrace our God and our biblical precedents or way of life? Yet, consistently the Qu’ran and Hadiths encourage violence and deception for the purposes of conversion or Islamic purity. The real problem is spiritual, not political or cultural. So what action am I calling for? Let me tell you what I’m NOT calling for . . .
I’m not asking Muslims to change or embrace what we believe–though to become disciples of Jesus would be a vast improvement over Islam. Nor am I condemning individual Muslims (many of whom I acknowledge may have absolutely no desire to harm anyone or impose anything upon another person–though I believe such a person to be ignorant of his or her own holy writings and unable or unwilling to stand against the true believer in Mohammad and Allah).
I am calling disciples of Jesus first . . .
- to search the Scriptures beginning with Jesus’s words about the end in Matt. 24-25 and Luke 10, then in the Revelation.
- to awaken to the warnings given us by Jesus, that a one-world-religion will sweep its false messiah into power. That the believers in Christ can expect to suffer for a time under such a regime prior to the return of Jesus.
- Read well-researched books that seek to inform us:
- The Islamic Antichrist, by Joel Richardson
- Stealth Jihad: How Radical Islam is Subverting America Without Guns or Bombs, by Robert Spencer
- The God Who Hates, by Wafa Sultan
- Think closely about the scripture references to which the authors refer.
- Find responses that love people but that do not condone or embrace antichrist religions. Remember, the Jesus that Muslims honor is not Jesus of Nazareth, Son of Man and Son of the living (and only) God–Yahweh. The Jesus that Muslims embrace is the exact opposite of who Jesus revealed himself to be in Scripture. And remember Islam is the new kid on the block. The Way to the Father preceded Islam by between 600-700 years. Like other self-appointed “prophets,” Mohammed, set himself up as the Prophet–last in a line of many.
- The Jesus of Islam is not the Jesus of the Bible. Islam denies most of what Jesus, the Messiah revealed and taught. The teachings of Islam also contradict the Apostles of Christ. Their view is antichrist and denies or twists what Jesus said about himself and our Father. Islam For He said, “I am the way, the truth and the life. NO ONE comes to Father except through me.” That includes you, me, Mohammed, or anyone else. If “the Prophet” didn’t get to the Father through Jesus, then he’s dead until the Judgement. And he will face Yahweh, not Allah. Allah has already been judged. Jesus said he saw him fall like lightning (Lk. 10.19, I believe)
The signs of the times are such that no believer can afford to be caught sleeping at Jesus’ coming. Nor will you make it through the coming holocaust without paying close attention to the Word. Survival will require wisdom, understanding in the Word, and patient endurance. I hope that I can sound an alarm that is heard before it is too late. Our culture of political correctness and historical ignorance invites destruction at the hands of those who are willing to use post-modern culture for their agendas. Let’s be alert, always praying, and sharing the love of Jesus with those who will listen and turn from darkness to light before the End.
If you know of well-written and documented books, that are not alarmist but are truly preparing us for the close of this age, books that paint a picture of the future of the body of Christ and our nation just prior to Christ’s return, please include their titles in a comment below.
Please do not include links to those books. I don’t want my comments to become a marketing opportunity. [I will immediately delete any comments that can’t honor my requests.]
QUESTION: How are you facing the growing threat of Islamization?
Wafa Sultan, in her book, The God Who Hates, gives us an insider’s picture of the true character of Islam as I have studied it. This video is an important addition to her book. My guess is that most people will ignore voices of warning. Think about how the prophets in the OT were treated. Whenever God raises up voices of warning, we block our ears at our own peril. But the worst part is that we endanger our children and grandchildren when we do not heed serious warnings.
Wafa Sultan and Geert Wilder are two voices of many I’m listening to because they confirm what I believe the Lord is showing me as I consider the future of our nation and the church. In order to be a neighbor to my readers, I share these voices with you. That is an act of love.
- Stop the Islamization of America: A Veteran Freedom Fighter’s Groundbreaking Guide to Defending Our Nation (atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com)
- Geller/Spencer, American Thinker: Norway, Free Speech, and the Counterjihad (americandefenseleague.wordpress.com)
- This Present Sharia Darkness (davidcalves.com)
- New Pamela Geller Book Shows How to Defend America: Stop the Islamization of America (atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com)